Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min.
Difficulty level is: Easy
• 1 cup gluten free flour
• ½ cup gluten free rolled oats, plus some for topping
• ½ tsp plus 1/8 tsp baking powder
• 1/8 tsp ground ginger
• 1/8 tsp ground cloves
• ¼ tsp cardamom
• 1 tsp mixed spice (cinnamon, coriander, caraway, nutmeg, ginger, cloves)
• 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
• 1 tbsp molasses
• ½ cup packed golden brown sugar
• 1 large egg, at room temperature
• ½ tsp vanilla paste
• ½ cup plus 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line muffin cups into muffin pan.
3. In a medium sized bowl whisk flour, oats, baking powder and spices and set aside.
4. Using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed mix the molasses, butter and sugars for about 5 minutes.
5. Scrape down the sides and continue to mix adding the egg and vanilla paste for 30 more seconds on low speed.
6. Add half of the flour mixture and pumpkin and incorporate.
7. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture and pumpkin.
8. Scoop into muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean.
9. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then move to a wire cooling rack.
This recipe was intended to be cookies; but after I baked six cookies, the result was so fluffy that these really couldn’t be called cookies. I was hoping the batter would spread more than it did; so I grabbed the muffin pan and mad some muffins. This recipe tasted like everything autumn to me and its gluten-free.