I wanted to make some homemade edible gifts and also get taste testers, so I made this for a friend that is a big hot chocolate lover.
Yield/Serving: about 12 servings (750 ml)
Prep Time: 10 min.
Layering Time: 10 min.
Difficulty level is: Easy
• Glass container – 750 ml
• 1 cup good quality Dutch pressed cocoa powder
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• Pinch of kosher salt
• 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 20 mini candy canes, crushed
• ½ cup mini marshmallows
• Tag for instructions
1. Layer all the ingredients in the following order: cocoa powder, sugar, salt, chocolate chips, crushed candy canes and finally marshmallows.
**For the gift receiver: Leave instructions to remove marshmallows and stir together the remaining mixture until combined before using.
• Crush candy canes in a sandwich bag.
• Glass containers can be found at the dollar store.
• Make a tag with instructions and add some ribbon and a bow.
I had so much fun making this, and it makes a great thoughtful homemade present.