Even though I have an ice cream maker sometimes I still like the idea of a no churn
version just for comparison sake; and since I have matcha powder on hand that I use strictly for baking purposes this was the perfect recipe for me.
From: Simply Nigella
Yield/Serving: 1 Quart
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 5 min.
Difficulty level is: Easy
• 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
• 1 can (2/3 cups) condensed milk
• 2 tbsp Matcha green tea powder
• Ice cream container or airtight container
1. Using an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk cream until soft peaks form and then add in the condensed milk.
2. Whisk in the match powder until the mixture has turned an even shade of green.
3. Pour mixture into an ice cream container or container and let freeze overnight.
• Ice cream is best eaten within one month.
This isn’t one of my favourite recipes no matter how simple this was to create. Maybe because this was a no churn, non ice cream maker recipe; but I found the ice cream melted way to fast. It didn’t taste rich and creamy and I could smell the matcha. I still wasn’t a fan though.