Winter can be so treacherous on my hands, that as soon as fall turns into winter my hands get dry and re-applying hand lotion all day just isn’t an option.
Yield/Serving: 300 ml
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Difficulty level is: Easy
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• ½ cup coconut oil
• 1 tbsp sweet orange essential oil
• Glass container
1. Combine all ingredients until well mixed.
2. Pour into container.
3. Wait 24 hours and then massage onto hands, rinse and dry.
• Let the mixture marry for 24 hours. You can use it immediately, but you will definitely like it better waiting the 24 hours to let the scrub solidify a little.
• You can use any essential oils or the actual citrus zest, just keep in mind using the real fruit lessen the shelf life.
• Also if you choose to use lemon, which makes a great hand scrub, keep in mind that it will increase you skins sun sensitivity. So use a sunscreen as coconut oil has some natural sunscreen properties but probably not enough if you choose to use the lemon citrus scent.
My skin was moist and supple, which made my tired dry hands very appreciative.