Now that I can make shortcakes, biscuits were the next logical step and I will be enjoying and making this fluffy, buttery, crumbly much more. These are such an easy quick accompaniment for dinner.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 15 – 20 min.
Difficulty level is: Easy
• 2 cup all purpose flour
• 1 tbsp baking powder
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp parsley
• 1 tsp oregano
• 6 tbsp unsalted butter, cold and cubed
• ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
• ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
• 2 jalapeno thinly sliced and seeded
• ¾ cup 2% milk
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Using a large sized bowl mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt together with a whisk.
4. Using your hands add butter and mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Add cheese and jalapenos.
6. Slowly add milk incorporating until dough is formed.
7. Cut dough and form into a circle and place on parchment paper.
8. Bake for 15-20 min or until golden brown or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean.
• Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray to have muffin shaped biscuits.
After making the strawberry shortcake I knew I had the basis for a biscuits recipe and I ran with it and it turned out so well. My mixture rose and everything which was an issue for me the last time I made these over a year ago. I made these once and immediately had excellent reviews and these were mentioned for a whole week; so I made these again but this time using a muffin pan to test out shapes. This was a hit and I even halved my second batch so this time I could enjoy the biscuits without the jalapenos.