This hearty dish is my ode to Oktoberfest.
Yield/Serving: about 5
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 45 min.
Difficulty level is: Easy; but time- consuming
• 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 4 purple chard leaves
• 4 swiss chard leaves
• 7 uncooked pork bratwurst sausage
• 3 small red skinned potatoes, washed and cut into slices
• 5 small red beets, peeled and sliced
• 2 tsp kosher salt
• 1 tsp black pepper
• Basil, to taste
• Oregano, to taste
• Paprika, to taste
• Cayenne Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Pour olive oil on two rimmed baking sheets.
3. Trim chard and cut away stem with a knife.
4. Wrap bratwurst with chard.
5. Lay potatoes overlapping each other followed by the beets.
6. Sprinkle the potato with salt, pepper, basil, oregano, paprika and cayenne pepper.
7. Sprinkle pepper over beets.
8. Bake for 45 min.
Once everything is on the tray this is a pretty simple dish; just a little time consuming. I did find it hard to wrap the bratwurst with the swiss chard; but this is most likely a technique I would have to practice again. The overall taste of the dish was super savoury; perhaps to savoury for me.