Broccoli is a vegetable I have loved from my childhood and yet I always consume it one of two ways; Raw or steamed and that is it. Just the naked veg with nothing added to it. I have been trying to find another way to create some interest for my most favourite vegetable and this experiment fit the bill.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 8 – 10 min
Difficulty level is: Easy
• 1 broccoli crown, cut into pieces
• 3 tbsp vegetarian butter
• ¼ cup sliced almonds
• Kosher salt, to taste
• Black pepper, to taste
• Celery salt, to taste
• Fresh lemon juice, from half a lemon
1. Cut broccoli into pieces and steam vegetables until broccoli is a bright green.
2. In a small frying pan, heat up margarine over medium heat, add almonds, and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Place cooked broccoli in a serving dish and coats with margarine & almond mixture.
4. Add salt, black pepper, celery salt and lemon juice.
5. Mix well and serve.
• Add parmesan cheese if desired for a non-vegan option.
I have been wanting to make this side dish for awhile now and I’m glad I finally managed to make it. This simple side tasted so fresh.